It’s the middle of another Layout a Day month and I’ve had an epiphany! When I save my layouts to upload to the gallery, why not also save them (at full resolution) to my Forever Account? And so I have now been taking the extra 1-2 minutes to permanently save my layouts as I finish them every day. After LOAD, I’ll make this part of my routine when I finish an album. It’s the best way to ensure that the layouts are Forever saved to my account. Additionally, they then become accessible from my mobile device through the app. Win Win!
Here’s how you can save your layouts from Artisan directly to your Forever Account.
- From the project, click File.
- Choose the page(s) to be uploaded.
- Select the album (or make a new one)
Are you running out of storage? Or are you wishing you had Artisan? Both are on sale this month! Login or Create your free account (and get 2GB storage and a $10 coupon) and then see all the Deals for this month.
Happy (inter)National Scrapbooking Day! Oh, and Happy Cinco de Mayo! Are you crafting this weekend? Or maybe just shopping? Just about any paper crafting outlet has some great specials and deals to celebrate.
I’m hosting a Craft Camp this weekend and we’re creating tons of layouts and having great fun!
All set up and ready to start
NSD goodies and products display
Have a wonderful iNSD! Feel free to share your creations here.
Today is Earth Day and I’m spending it at our new mountain house doing a bunch of yard work. As I mentioned last month, the Tree of Life at Walt Disney World’s Animal Kingdom is one of my favorite parts of that park.
However now that Pandora is open at the same park it’s even more interesting and fun! Avatar is one of our favorite movies and the environmental theme is really thought provoking. I’m so glad that Disney Parks is taking that theme to heart and has so many initiatives to promote conservation, including some great solar initiatives! Click here to read all about those.
Did you know I offer Disney Travel Planning services? Tickets, hotels and/or packages at no extra cost to you (Disney pays my commission). Request your free quote here.
I’m in Disneyland today checking out the new Pixar Fest! I’m also doing a bit of sketching with a good friend. I’d been meaning to share my journal / autograph / sketchbook from January’s Walt Disney World trip – better late than never right?
Are you ready to book your trip to Disneyland to see the new Pixar Fest? Click here to fill out my quote form and let’s see what magic we can make happen.
Welcome to our Memory Keeping with Green Blog Hop! I’m excited to share one of my recent favorite layouts. In January, we traveled to Walt Disney World. Mainly to see the new land of Pandora at Animal Kingdom. However I was quickly reminded of one of the reasons why that’s one of my favorite parks – the Tree of Life. It really is an amazing creation.
Some facts I’ve learned:
- It’s a sculpture of a Baobab tree and features over 300 carvings of existing and extinct animals. This is one of the most amazing parts! Every time I’ve seen it, I’ve seen something different. I’m still looking for hidden mickeys!
- It’s really BIG! It is 145 feet tall and over 8,000 branches in different sizes. There are over 102,000 man-made leaves, all of which are over a foot long.
- It’s only one of a few man-made trees. Throughout the part there are over 4 million living plants. There’s a great botanical walk near/around the tree where I’ve taken some amazing floral pictures.
- It opened April 22, 1998 – that’s earth day!
I was amazed at the night time show where the animals come to live through digital animation right on the tree. It’s well worth the stay.
Have you been to Animal Kingdom? What’s your favorite part of this park?
Check out the other posts in our Memory Keeping with Green Blog Hop here:
Alice at Scrapbook Wonderland
Melissa at Digital Scrapbook HQ
Beth at Rock your Notebook
As a scrapbooker, taking great pictures is important to me. Sometimes I find myself stuck on a photographic plateau. What about you? The more I practice, the better I get, however even if that’s true, am I ready to get to the next level?
I’ve signed up for a free video series with Courtney Slazinik of Click It Up a Notch and am looking forward to learning how to:
- Prevent blurry and out-of-focus images
- Discover how to use natural light indoors for great photos in your home
- Bring your subjects to life with two easy tips (and say adios to flat, boring photos!)
- Add a pro touch by editing photos in 4 simple steps
If you want to start taking great photos, head here to register for these videos. (But hurry because they’re only available until February 25th!)
Hello! I know it’s been a while and I’m so very sorry. All of a sudden, life got super busy!
a) It’s Layout a Day month and I’m happy to say that I’ve been keeping up. Thankfully I’m working on our vacation pictures from our Walt Disney World trip two weeks ago. Here’s a couple of my current favorites:
b) We’re buying a second home in Twain Harte, CA! I didn’t realize all the work involved in doing this. Even with a super Realtor, there’s tons of emails, decisions and effort. We’re scheduled to close March 2nd and we’ll be spending most of our next many weekends there getting it all set up. We now have to completely furnish and supply another home. Thankfully, we have ALOT of extra stuff in our current home so many that will be helpful.
c) We’ve decided to help manage the family ski condo at Northstar at Tahoe. This also came with more effort than I expected, together with trying to get family decisions made.
d) It’s the last month to qualify to earn the Forever Incentive Trip to Cabo. I’m trying with all my might to see how close I can get to earning it. Interested in helping me? Contact me for my Crazy February Special that is in addition to what Forever is offering this month (can you say cash back when you purchase?).
Thank you for your continued support in reading my blog. What’s new with you ?
Did you know that there’s a National Handwriting Day? If you look at the National Day Calendar you’ll see that there’s actually a day for almost anything.
But… today is to celebrate our handwriting. As a digi scrapper, handwriting can be a difficult thing to include. Here are a few ways to try to include this into your photo books:
- Scan handwritten notes from loved ones, including greeting cards. I have a pile of birthday cards and plan to scan several, especially those from family members. It’s the inside of the card, with the personal notes that’s important to me. I can then get creative with my layout. Instead of scanning, I could take a picture of them as well.
- If you print your photo books, ask family members to write in them directly. Of course, leave room for hand written journaling in the layouts. But there’s plenty of pens, including Sharpies, that will work on slick photo book paper.
- Create your own hand writing as a font. I did this a few years ago and though I prefer more perfect ‘script-y’ fonts, it is nice to have mine. I used YourFonts to build mine but I’m sure that there are others out there too.
I’m sure that there are many other ideas for using your own handwriting in digital scrapbooking. Let’s brainstorm in the comments!
Compensated affiliate links used when possible.
It’s almost time for another month of layouts! I’m truly looking forward to LOAD218-Choose Your Own Scrapbook Adventure. From what I can tell, we’re going to be able to choose from a variety of prompts each day. I love having choices so this sounds really right up my alley!
I’m currently getting organized using Historian. I’m loading my pictures from the past several months as well as tagging them and giving them star ratings. I find this helps me stay on track during LOAD and allows me to focus more time on scrapbooking.
Did you know that LOAD218 is open to anyone and everyone? If you’re looking to kick start your scrapbooking for this year, consider this challenge. There’s no judgement for doing one layout or all 28 or something in between. It’s still more than nothing. So what are you waiting for? Join us! Make your commitment in the comments and then go sign up.
Compensated affiliate links used when possible.