I’d say I’m a fast digi-scrapper, mainly due to the fact that I use these tools on almost every layout. Knowing the features of my software is the key to my success.
- Home > Page > Change Template: I usually use a template as a starting point. Often I’ll change it so much that by the end, it hardly looks like the original template!
- Photos > Show > Photos Not Used: I love this feature since I usually do my photo books in spurts. I’ll import the pictures I need for the layout(s) and then show the photos not used.
- Content > Fill Selected Shape: I love how I can select something from the template and then use the Fill Selected Shape to fill it in with a paper. And it works great with multiple items selected!
- Insert > Text: I use each of the five options (Text, Text Path, Fancy, Shape and Symbol) frequently. It’s worth playing around with these features for titles and journaling.
- Format > Heavy Shadow: I always put shadows on my layouts as it helps make them look more 3D. Sometimes I’ll even use the 3D option but other times, a basic shadow will do.
Now, I’m in the process of digging deeper into Artisan as it’s a truly robust application with so much to offer. Stay tuned for more posts on each of these features as I learn even more to help you enhance your digi-scrapping.
Do you have a favorite feature that’s not listed here? Share with me in the comments so I can add it to my list of features to write about.