Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season! Memories were made and now is the time to consider how you’ll document them.
We were able to take a last moment trip to Mexico and had a really wonderful time! We did manage to take a bunch of pictures but less so than in past trips. Since I’ve been slacking on finishing my 2015 family album and haven’t started 2016, I decided to start this year by working on our vacation album. I’ve already pulled the pictures off the camera and into Historian. They’re all tagged and star-rated. Here’s my checklist:
- Remove all images from all cameras (we used a point & shoot as well as a DSLR.) into a folder on my personal computer.
- Delete the really (really) bad pictures.
- Load all pictures into Historian.
- Select all and Name them. I used “Grand Luxxe Nueveo Vallarta” for ease in searching later.
- Tag them. I put them all into the Nuevo Vallarta box (we’ve been at least 4 times in the past 15 years and they’re all in one place). I also tagged the images for myself and my husband to make it easier for future searching.
- Go through each image and star-rate. I use 4 stars as the indicator that it must be used in my photo book and to be uploaded to my online Forever account. Three stars are the next best, in case I’d like to put more into the photo book.
- Upload the 4 starred images to Forever (this is super easy as you do it right from Historian).
- Share the Forever album with family and friends.
- Delete the folder from my personal computer.
We took just over 400 pictures during the seven day trip. My Historian account shows 365 after I deleted the really (really) bad ones. I had 45 that were four starred and shared with family and friends. This entire process took me maybe 1 to 2 hours total. Now I’m ready to work on the album!
How would you like to finish a photo book this month? Join our Finish in 4 Challenge where you will learn how to use Forever Projects to complete and order a photo book. If you’re interested, comment below (or email me with the email address you use on Facebook) so I can add you to our closed group. There will be weekly homework and accountability to help you get your project completed.