The Black Friday Exclusive 2017 bundled collection includes the following brand new kits:
- That Friday Feeling – Page Kit by Across the Pond,
- Snowflake City – Exclusive Embossed Papers by Paper Tray Studio,
- A Better Me – Page Kit by Designs by Mandy King,
- Joyful by Jen Martakis Designs,
- Black Friday Blueprints 2017, 11×8.5 and Black Friday Blueprints 2017, 12×12 by pixels2Pages,
- Shaping Up Bundle 1–4 by Templates & Co,
- Geometric Layout Bundle 1 by ClickCollage,
- Solitude by Seatrout Scraps,
- Celebrate Exclusive Card Pack and Celebrate Exclusive Gift Pack by Lucky Girl Creative,
- Chasing Rainbows Exclusive Canvases, 2018
- Four Square Quick Desk Calendar,
- Forever Design Maps Exclusive 2017,
- Our Favorite Memories Pre-Designed Book by Forever Digital Art.
These kits are brand new and only available from RIGHT NOW through 10am Eastern, Tuesday, November 28 in the Black Friday Exclusive 2017 bundled collection. These kits will never be offered in the digital art store again so pick up this bundle today!
Note: In order for this bundle to work and have the 75% off discount applied, you must enter DEALOFTHEDAY at check and hit Apply. Once the code is entered, the cart will automatically populate with the 15 kits included in the bundle. Proceed with check-out. Once your transaction is complete, go to your Downloads where you will find 15 kits each with their own download link and activation code.
Retail Value: $150
Deal of the Day Price: $37.50
Create your free account here, go to Deals in the upper left and start shopping!
Yes, October is a Layout a Day month, specifically for Scrap Happy Family members. I had intended on keeping up but there’s so much going on that I’ve slipped behind. It’s currently Day 9 and I’ve completed 6 layouts, to date. I hope to get another one done tonight so it’s not too far behind.
I’m all scattered this time around too. As much as I’m trying to stay with the prompts, I want to keep up momentum on my current pictures. In these six layouts, I’ve done some of my sister in law’s wedding, my last Disneyland trip and Forever Live.
I’m going to do my best to get caught up this week because I want to start creating holiday gifts too! It’s really never ending isn’t it? (ha ha)
What are you creating this month? Link up in the comments.
Can you believe it’s half way through 2017? Why does time fly by so fast!?!?! I won’t even tell you how close to the holiday season we are. ha ha ha!
I was window shopping recently and saw this in a store window and was immediately inspired.
I had an idea, in my head, on how I would do this in Artisan. It worked out fine, however I think there’s probably an easier way.
- Insert > Shape > Anchor.
- Use the outliner tool (Insert > Outliner) to make a duplicate shape. Then on the element, right click Text > Format and work with the settings on the right panel. Make sure to mark “Fill shape with text” and type in the text as you want it to show.
- Edit the text to use the Font(s) and approximate size(s). I used Felix Titling and Agency FB as my fonts and it was mostly sized at 30-36pts.
- Fiddle with the Text element Shape > Edit shape to change the points to fit the text where I want it. This took me over an hour to play with until I got it right. I ended up using a Text Path for the final line in the curve of the anchor.
- Add the background image (my own photograph taken in San Francisco Bay).
- Select the shape from Step 1 and Format > Gradient. I used colors from the image to blend in.
- With that same shape selected, Filter > Edge > 3D Edge.
- I added a little glow to give it more dimension and then I flattened the shape and added a heavy shadow.
Here’s the finished product – what do you think?
Here’s my latest How-To video using Artisan 5. Someone recently commented at how few options it seemed for adding text in Artisan. You can imagine the WOW factor after showing her this tip.
Are you learning to use Artisan? What tips are you looking for? Please add your requests to the comments.
Traditionally, the first Saturday of May has been known as National Scrapbook Day (NSD). In recent years, it’s been joined by interNational Scrapbook Day (iNSD) in March and Digital Scrapbooking Day in November. I know, confusing, right!?! Either way, this means that there’s TONS of deals out there for scrapbookers!
What’s Creative Memories doing this weekend? They’re hosting a Virtual Crop this weekend. You can also check out the CM Product Catalog. While you’re at it, join my Scrapping Challenge group and post your layouts created for a chance to win prizes!
And of course, Forever is jumping into the NSD fun as well. They’re offering three amazing digital art sales that last from now through Monday. Here’s a look (Note: Digital Art is only for use with Artisan Software).
- Save 30% on all the digital art in our collection with code NSD2017
- Enjoy three Deal of the Day kits every single day – and save 50% on each with code DEALOFTHEDAY
- Save 50% on the never-before-seen, totally-exclusive Gift Canvas Bundle with code GIFTCANVAS
- PS – there’s going to be a Wall Art sale happening next week!!!
Feel free to join my Forever VIP Group too!
How are you participating in National Scrapbooking Day this weekend?
Sometimes its good to know how much storage you’re using but also how many albums/files you have in your account. Have you ever taken a look at your account settings?
Simply go to Forever.com and look in the upper right, after logging in. Click on Account > Account Settings.
Once there, click Storage on the right.
If you’re getting close to your threshold, Storage is 20% off through the end of April.
If you love challenges, I just posted one in my VIP Facebook group – it’s related to this post!
One more thing…
Happy Friday! Recently I’ve talked with tons of people who use Dropbox as their primary method of Photo Management. It’s a super easy way to have your mobile images automatically uploaded and used online at Dropbox. I’ve been asked about how this is different from Forever.
- Forever has most of the same features and benefits as Dropbox. The one difference is that Forever only accepts .jpg and .pdf files – TODAY. Additional file formats (think .mp4) will be added.
- Free services are offered at both. When it’s time to increase your storage, Forever is a Permanent plan. You pay once for your storage – EVER! Other companies, including Dropbox, charge as long as you’re using the service. It’s like Renting vs. Owning.
- Forever’s Guarantee allows for coverage should they go out of business as well as includes a promise to update your files for whatever the new formats become available.
I would love to help answer any questions this brings up. Just email me and/or let me know in the comments. Click the image below to learn more about Forever.
This is the third in a series helping you make photo books using Forever Projects. In this video, I show you how to change the background and add clip art to your book.
You can see printable instructions here. Next week we’ll tackle the journaling and ordering your book.
I thought I would try to do a process video while I created a layout. In this video, I’m using a sketch from Creative Scrappers for Layout a Day (LOAD).
Questions about using Forever Artisan? Let me know in the comments.
Last week I showed you how to organize your photos in your Forever account. This week, I’d like to show you how to start a photo book by adding photos.
If you like printable instructions, you can find them at my website here. Next we’ll learn how to edit and decorate our photo book. Have a great weekend!