There’s so much to do while you Shelter in Place – I hope Memory-Keeping is one of them!
Cross off what you’ve completed during the quarantine by editing the image in Artisan, a PDF reader, or with an editing tool on your phone, then comment with your image in my VIP group in Facebook to be entered to win some prizes!
Click here to join my VIP Group on Facebook.
Click here to create your free Forever account. Confirm your email and receive a $15 coupon to use toward a purchase in the next 60 days.
Did you know that you can store and stream videos from your Forever Account? Today we’re taking more and more videos so it makes sense to ensure they last a lifetime in your Forever account. Here are some more information about videos in your Forever account. And keep reading to see a special holiday offer for today (12/24/19) only!
- If you are a Forever Storage owner you can store videos in your account, just like pictures, audio files and important documents in pdf format. There’s NO extra cost to do this. To view your video(s) you will have to download them OR upgrade your Forever account to a streaming video account.
- Why would I upgrade to a streaming video account? This allows you to view (stream) the video in HD quality directly from your Forever account. Additionally, when you share videos, recipients will be able to view (stream) them. Whether or not they are Forever account holders.
- How is this different from uploading my videos to other providers? The #1 reason is to protect your Digital Rights. Forever is committed to keeping your memories secure and allowing you to control what you do with them. There’s many other technical reasons but I’ll let you see that on Forever’s Website here: www.forever.com/video.
Without Video Plan
With Video Plan
We recommend the Premium (Streaming) Video Plan to everyone who wants to get the most out of their video memories by saving, sharing, and viewing them online. However, if your goal is simply to archive the original videos at FOREVER and watch them occasionally, you can do that without the Premium (Streaming) Video Plan. It’s your choice.
And TODAY ONLY (12/24/19) the lifetime Video Plan is 55% off – but for the first three people who purchase, I will also gift you a $100 Gift Certificate.
Click here to create your free Forever account and get an extra $10 off when you confirm your email.
What kind of memory makers would we be if we didn’t encourage you to do something with them?!
- Print them
- Make Holidays Cards (for printing or posting)
- Permanently Save them
We’ve got gifts for spouses, kids, parents, friends, and more. And they’re all a fraction of the price right now!
- 50% off all printed products including cards, photo books, wall art and more.
- 40% off photo prints.
- 40% off software for scrapbooking (Artisan) and photo organizing (Historian)
- 40% off Premium Video single payment plan and Forever Storage single payment plan
- 50% off monthly 10GB storage payment plan. Pay $9.50 for just 12 months to have 10GB permanent and guaranteed storage for your photos, documents, audio and video files.
- 30% off all digital art (used in Artisan only)
- 25% off media conversion boxes
Use Promo code BLACKFRIDAY19 through Saturday, November 30th at 11:59pm PACIFIC time.
Click here to start shopping.
Last week I showed you how to organize your photos in your Forever account. This week, I’d like to show you how to start a photo book by adding photos.
If you like printable instructions, you can find them at my website here. Next we’ll learn how to edit and decorate our photo book. Have a great weekend!
I think we can all agree that we have photos all over the place. I have three cameras – my phone, a small point and shoot and a DSLR for when I’m feeling fancy. I recently talked with someone who told me that she has kept every mobile phone she’s ever had because of the photos on them. She even keeps them charged so she can browse when she wishes. I’m sure some of you can relate to this, however these situations lead to having photos on memory cards, on phones and who knows where else!
If you were to do just one thing to protect your memories, I suggest you consider compiling all your images into one place and I think finding a cloud storage solution that you love is really the best way to go. Some things to consider when looking for such a solution:
- Is there an app that can automatically sync your mobile pictures to the cloud storage?
- Is it easy to get your other media (memory cards or from folders on your computer) into that same place? Maybe there’s a desktop version for your computer?
- What guarantee does the provider offer, if any? Keep in mind that online storage is very safe but you will want to feel confident that the choice you make will be one that will be around for a long, long time.
- How much does this cost? Is the cost one-time or monthly?
There are two such solutions that I think work really well within the above questions.
- Dropbox. They offer an initial amount of storage for free, and it costs $99 per year to upgrade to more space. They also have a monthly plan. One of the things that I really love is their phone app! I have it set to automatically sync my mobile phone pictures when I’m connected to my computer through wifi. I also use their desktop version – I have a folder that I can open whether online or not and see what’s in there from the last time of syncing. I can add or remove from the folder(s)as I wish. This is a great starter solution and is so widely used that I feel confident that they will be around for a long time. I will say that the only downside for me is that they are really meant to be a ‘for business’ application and for general file sharing. Photo Management is not their primary mission.
- Forever Permanent Storage. They offer up to 3GB of storage free and have a variety of plans when it’s time to upgrade. They, too, have an app that helps you sync your mobile phones into your account. They built a platform specifically for photo management and for your short and/or long-term storage solutions. They have robust features that allow you to organize, edit, share and create projects with your photos right from your account. The biggest drawback I see right now is that I have to be online to upload photos from memory cards or from my computer, but that’s going to see improvements soon! They also have a compelling guarantee to protect your memories long after your death. They may be lesser known, but I love that their solution is built around keeping photos in just one place.
Keep in mind that this collection of your photos in one place is different than making sure you have a backup (that’s a whole other blog post). What I’m suggesting is that you have one location, easily accessible for all your photos and that location will also become a part of your overall backup plan. This becomes the single place you go to for scrapbooking or posting to Facebook or for anything photo related.
When are you going to ensure that your photos are all in one place? Comment below and let’s keep each other accountable.
[Affiliate links are used when possible. Thank you for supporting Photos Kept Alive!]